Sunday, February 21, 2010

Profile Pitch Piece: Channing Tatum

I hope to be writing my final piece for March 2010 on 30 year-old actor, Channing Tatum. This “celebrity profile” will be analyzing Tatum’s ineffective and one-dimensional acting skills, if you can even call them “skills”. I truly believe that Tatum should have maintained his career as a model as he really only has his good looks going for him. He is the perfect example of why Hollywood is downward spiraling.


I will be using numerous films staring Tatum as my primary sources. These will include movies such as “G.I. Joe”(2009), “Stop Loss”,(2008) “Step Up” (2006), and his recent debut “Dear John” (2010). I will also be using a wide range of secondary sources including biographies and blogs of Tatum. Additionally, I will be contrasting him to articles describing qualities of good actors. All of these sources will support my case of Tatum’s lack of talent. It is interesting that in his wide-range of movies, he is always playing the same mysterious and afflicted character.


As an avid moviegoer of both action and romantic films in which I feed off emotional connection between actor and viewer, I believe I am the perfect candidate to speak on this topic with my ultimate frustration. It will be a witty and biting piece that Americans need to hear to bring them out of their Tatum dream world, seeing him for what he is not.

1 comment:

  1. OK, Tiffany, but you'll have to say more about him than he's a terrible actor. You'll have to make a statement about what it means that such a terrible actor can become a celebrity at this moment in time. Surely there have been plenty of other rather talentless artists who have made an impact; perhaps you can put him in that context. What does it say about us that we celebrate such a figure?

    ReplyDelete